It’s never the right time or ideal circumstances. Time doesn’t wait for you and your current circumstances are the platform to take on new opportunities and build the life you always wanted.
Don’t make excuses or justify why you’re not doing this and that or procrastinate about it. Neither play down the efforts of those who are being, doing and having the life they want. If you cannot join or lead them , then get out of their way.
Do something every day that will get you closer to your dreams.
Write down a goal and start working on it. The details will work out for themselves. You just need to get started and right now it’s the best time.
It won’t be easy, you know that; it may be challenging, of course it will be. Anything unknown creates uncertainty and even fear. However, it doesn’t have to be.
Embrace challenges; accept them as they are and turn them into oppotunities if you just step of of your comfort zone and take the first step.
It will be challenging but I tell you, it will be totally worth it. A year from today, you’ll look back only to see how far you’ve gone.
So go on, get started!
When to DO Systema?
A common question people ask and one you should consider is “when to DO Systema?” If you think of it as traditional martial arts or even as a sport, then you DO it when you get to the dojo or gym for the time you have allocated for it. The benefits you gain are based on the time dedicated and of course your efforts.
However, Systema is an art that is quite remarkable from others. It’s core principles promote self awareness on the essentials of life towards a state of total well being.
Think about it for a minute: you cannot live if you don’t BREATHE, can’t stay RELAXED if your body STRUCTURE is tensed and out of balance and finally you cannot MOVE freely if you don’t have all of the above together. You’ll be walking like a robot or zombie which is what you see other people do when you look around. Put this four elements into any combination and you will notice that without complete synergy of all, you cannot DO Systema.
In conclusion, Systema is not something you DO is something you LIVE, everyday and all the time. Its starts from the moment of waking up to the time to go bed; it’s constant awareness of every principle: how is my breathing?, am I relaxed? how is my posture? In what way can I move more efficiently ? How can I improve and apply Systema more effectively in my daily life?
It is overall, at least in my opinion, a lifestyle and not a sport. It’s an art that develops what you already know but have not been aware of. Like our chief instructor Vladimir Vasiliev says “Systema enhance not only your skills but your health and well-being as well.”
I don’t just Do Systema , I live Systema!
To health and wellness ~Carlos Guzman
“In the past, I used to take drugs to get high; now I take drugs that make me smarter”, says the 40-year-old me.
Of course, smart drugs are not “magic pills”; diet, proper supplementation of vitamins and nutrients and exercise are the primary choice for any health improvements along with a massive dose of positive mental attitude.
There is no way to know what will work for you or not until you experiment it yourself. Nobody can tell you; everyone’s experience is different. It may have similarities in experiences from others who have tried this and that but you’re will be, of course, unique to you.
It is a very entertaining read for the bio-hacker aficionado 🙂
Potential Dangers Of Nootropics: What To Consider Before Using Smart Drugs
These are 20 life quotes to live by; a work in progress collection of inspiration and motivation to share with others , the ones you love and put into practice daily.
I’ll keep adding more to this list and continue to apply it in my life.
*credit to where/whom is due
I picked up this audiobook, Make Your Brain Smarter, as one of my long road trip companions. As usual, anything with the words “Brain” and “Smarter” in the title gets my immediate attention. I found this book extensive and complex in exploring the brain’s frontal lobe process (cognitive domains) and enhancing it’s brainpower as your own C.E.O. or Cognitive Entepreneurial Officer. It is one of those audiobooks where you have to start taking notes from the get go and even pause to digest all the information. It deserves a dedicated second listening without any distractions. It covers in- depth how to improve your cognitive performance through strategic thinking ( brainomics) on new learning, content absorbtion, project design and implementation, problem solving, breakthrough thinking and sound desicion making.
- Strategic Attention: focusing on one topic, avoiding multi-tasking and other tasks which depletes brain power. I quickly realized this as one of my crutches since I multi-task my life a lot and which I thought it was one of my best personality asset.
- Brain Power of none: getting some time alone, meditate and reflect on the task at hand.
- Brain Power of one: taking one task at the time. Make sequential progress and not multi-tasking.
- Brain Power of two: selecting two of the most important task at hand.
2. Integrated Reasoning: incorporating and applying information. I found this insightful in the way I gather information, facts, solutions and how I set my priorities and goals.
- Zoom in: getting the facts, do the logistics
- Zoom out: step back to see the bigger picture, bigger ideas, different strategy.
- Zoom deep and wide: becoming a tactical thinker; when and when not to do something.
3. Innovation: changing old ways and experimentation. I realized this is my current stage though I must go back and see everything from a different perspective difined in the book to make sure I stay focused, relevant to my goals and not running around like a chicken with the head cut off.
- Imagination: infinate subjects, solutions and concepts
- Paradox: having the tenacity to follow through and not get stuck. Reflect-Reframe-Learn from mistakes
- Unknown: Ask-Seek-Be Courious
There is much to do to improve my brain’s health fitness. I found myself pausing the audio- tracks and even going back to previous chapters to better grasp the material. It pays to give full attention to this audiobook. Better yet, get the book instead 😉
Here is a well written summary by Lauren O’Neil via Learning and the Brain blog, which does a better job describing what this book is all about. Enjoy!
Source: Make Your Brain Smarter: Increase Your Brain’s Creativity, Energy and Focus by Sandra Bond Chapman with Shelly Kirkland – Learning and the Brain blogLearning and the Brain blog
Have you tried neurobics? Would you like to improve your brain’s cognitive functions?
Do you know your frontal lobe skills?
Read on and make a plan to add neurobics to your daily schedule.