In recapitulating 2010 goals, achievements and events I have created this manifesto that serves also as the platform for the New Year 2011.
One word can sum-up this year: Awareness! That is awareness to self, to my feelings, to my surroundings and to other people. Awareness to the things I feel a connection to it, to those I no longer feel connected or identified with it and awareness to the things I need to give up in order receiving new things in my life. The result of this awareness is the change I feel inside me. It is a constant awareness of improvement to be a better father, husband, son, brother and a friend.
1. Discovery: I created a personal journal to log the things I did during the day( where and when), to record the things I learned and why they’re important to me, any good deeds I did during the day, and a how to manifest my goals as if already happened (Nevillize concept by Joe Vitale). The result was an eye opening experience; 365 days of self -discovery to things I’ve never considered before.
2. Law of Attraction: I am what I think so all the negative thinking was re-directed towards positive thinking to see the good, the lesson learned and thus the opportunity to make it better. This is dynamite!
3. Change and responsibility: Believe + Commitment+ Being = Change= Results. This is formula to get what I want in my life. Responsibility to do what I have to do until it’s done. To know what are my priorities in my life, to know what feels right and do it and to respond to life rather than react to it always moving forward!
4. Appreciation & Gratitude: enjoy what I have and share it with others. This is the fundamental principle to attract good things in life. Give onto others and good things will happen to you. Do not expect it; it will happen at the right time and place. Trust that it will and God will take care of the rest.
- Donated blood for the first time ever: major personal leap forward. This is something I will continue do regularly. I also signed up as a living organ donor to seal my commitment. When it happens and if it happens I will be ready to do what I need to do. No turning back!
- Help people by giving. Whether is money, time, resource, etc… I know I DO have something to contribute regardless of my current circumstances. This also led me to get involved in my church community. What I love about this is that great things started to happen. You can’t go wrong by doing well to others! Being grateful allows me to appreciate the abundance in my life. Thank you God for all the blessings I have and all the blessings I will receive
- Started automated donations to charities that support school classrooms ( http://www.donorschoose.org), local public radio stations (www.wmfe.org), to my local Library ( where I got my motivation and inspiration) and supporting friends who are raising funds for a greater cause: Challenge Athletes Foundation ( CAF) on behalf of my friend David Orman, Smart Ride raising HIV awareness (Jesus Roman), and Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure ( Limayra Melendez).
My Major Experiences:
- The birth of Ian Karlo (4-16 @ 1:54 PM). He is the newest resident “case worker” in the Guzman family helping his big sister to renew and maintain our marriage relationship in check.
- Launch of my book: YOU Improved– A Personal Guide to Change and Improve the New Version of YOU. How to change your thinking, Image and Outlook on Life to Get What You Want! This is the byproduct of a decade of learning and experiencing and years of action of being, doing and having. I’ll carry this tune to 2011.
My Negatives (turned into learning experiences)
- Emotional rollercoaster: in my relationships, work, businesses, and life.
- Financial meltdown: business re-organizations and an opportunity for fresh start.
My Positives (life changers)
- Letting Go-surrender what I can’t control
- Let go of Ego, act with humility and integrity
- Do what is possible and trust God with the impossible
My Resources (to get things straight)
- Meditation and Yoga: tune into the awareness frequency. Stay active, flexible, connected to my surroundings.
- Ho’oponopono (self-transformation technique). This ancient Hawaiian clearing process has allowed me to love, forgive and accept myself and thus other people. Simply repeat as a mantra when meditating: I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you and I love you. What am I clearing? Any anger, frustration, insecurity, grudges and all negativity that dwells in my subconscious. You need to be honest and willing to change.
- EFT and auto-suggestion: tapping, (Emotional Freedom Techniques) help to release negative feelings and beliefs trapped inside of me. Auto suggestion is just that, ways to suggest positive thinking anywhere, anytime. (Need for information? just Google it! Like I did. Help is just a search away!)
- Children: my kids are my legacy. I lead them by example and continue to show them love, respect, compassion and gratitude. I lead and they will follow. When they grow they will be productive individuals with strong values. I promise so!
And for 2011, CONTINUED…
My Personal Statement I want to create unlimited wealth to share with the people I love, whenever I want without restrictions for the rest of my life. In turn I will provide my services as a “personal developer”, helping people change and improve their lives.
My Personal Quote: “You must be the change you wish to see in this world”~Gandhi
My Personal Slogan: “Do what you say you’re going to do”. Inspired by a dear friend to keep my promise to talk the talk and walk the walk.
De-multitasking strategy for 2011:
Setting up Email and office times (following Tim Ferris’ 4HWW strategy) that will free myself from being in front of the PC all the time so I can do fun stuff and take care of my priorities. Handle one thing at the time until completion or becoming proficient at it. This way I can dedicate the time and energy necessary to do it consistently and do it well.
1st. Quarter Goals:
You Improved Book
- Create audio-book ( English and Spanish)
- Book translation ( Spanish, Portuguese)
- eBook creation
- Web-site and resources to help others change and improve their lives